Dear Non-Tenured Certified Staff,
Below is a link that is extremely important for all non-tenured certificated staff. Found in the link are two (2) documents. The first is a document entitled Appendix A which outlines for you the process of accepting employment for the upcoming school year. The second document is a document designated Appendix B, which is the form letter that you should fill out to accept employment. *Remember, this is for non-tenured certificated staff only*
Further, there are a few pieces of information that we believe you should be made aware:
1. On or before May 15 in each year, every board of education in this State shall give to each non-tenure teaching staff member notification of employment for the upcoming school year. Since this year May 15 is on a Sunday, it is plausible that the District will utilize Friday, May 13, 2018, as the last school day before May 15th.
2. The form letter that is attached should be personalized with your information, and hand-delivered to the Human Resource Department on the 3rd floor of the Central office located at 90 Delaware Avenue.
3. We recommend bringing two copies. One of the two copies that you hand deliver should be time stamped by the recipient. Please keep that for your records.
4. If you choose to utilize the US Postal Mail to submit your letter, please do so by certified mail return receipt requested.
5. While you can deliver your letter of acceptance of employment until June 1, we STRONGLY recommend hand delivering not later than May 16, 2018.
Finally, should any employee be non-renewed, we ask that you contact the P.E.A. Office at 973-881-9445 so that we can sign you up for a non-renewal workshop (date TBD).